Wonderful Life Education Savings Plan
It is the dream of all parents to set their children on to a path of success. But how to ensure your children get the head start they need to prevail amongst the intense competition? A university education in a prestigious institution can be the first step to a successful future.
With Wonderful Life Education Savings Plan(“the Plan”), you can express your love for your children and provide them the means to paint a rosy future.
?Save today to realise dreams tomorrow
The Plan offers a choice of Premium payment terms- 5 or 10 years, so that you can budget flexibly.
?Accumulate Wealth through Cash Coupons
Onthe Policy Anniversary immediately following your child’s 18th birthday and your child is ready for an advanced education, the Plan pays out guaranteed cash coupons equivalentto 30% of the Sum Assured for 4 consecutive yearson each Policy Anniversary between the ages of 18 and 21, offering you ample means to support your child’s education.You may collect the declared cash coupons at any time or keep them in the Policy account to accumulate interest1.
?Wealth accumulation through Guaranteed Cash Value
At the 2ndPolicy Anniversary, a Guaranteed Cash Value will start to accumulate in your Policy, growing in value throughout the Policy term. You may take out a Policy loan2 against this Cash Value for additional financial flexibility should the need arise.
In case the Insured passes away during the benefit term, the Sum Assured or the guaranteed Cash Value at the date of death of the Insured (whichever is higher)will be provided to the Beneficiary as death benefit. Any accumulated cash coupon with interest (if any), and the accumulated dividends with interest (if any) will form part of the benefit, less all Indebtedness (if any).
Upon Policy maturity, the Insured may enrol another whole life insurance plan within 30 days without the need to provide the proof of insurability. The Sum Assured if the new plan will be 3 times the current Policy Sum Assured upon Policy maturity.
?Rewards with Flexible Dividends
During the benefit term, you will receive non-guaranteed Policy dividends3 on the Policy Anniversary each year, which you can choose to leave the dividends in the Policy account to accumulate interest3; or withdraw, or use accumulated dividends to offset against future Premiums.
Wonderful Life Education Savings Plan
|Issue Age||From 15 days after birth to 11 years old|
|Policy Currency||HKD or USD|
|Premium Payment Term4||5 years or 10 years|
|Benefit Term||To age 21 of the Insured|
|Premium Payment Method||Annual, Semi-annual, Quarterly, Monthly or Annual & Prepayment of Premium5|
|Minimum Basic Amount||HKD50,000 or USD6,250|
1 Customer may withdraw distributed the cash coupons at any time where withdrawal charge will not be applied, however the account value and death benefit may be affected in case of withdrawal. In addition, the accumulated interest rate of cash coupons and returns are not guaranteed, and the actual benefits and/or returns may be lower or higher than the estimates.
2 The Policy Loan rate is not guaranteed, please contact China Life (Overseas) for further information.
3 The dividends and interest are not guaranteed. The actual benefits and/or returns may be lower or higher than the estimates. China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to revise these from time to time. The actual amount of dividend is subject to the overall performance of China Life (Overseas)’s participating businesses, including investment returns, operational expenses and claims, etc.
4 Policy fee of HKD200/USD25 (depends on Policy currency) will be charged during the Premium payment term. The fee will be charged together with the Premium.
5 If customers opt for the Annual & Prepayment of Premium option, they can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium (including interest, if any) at one time and China Life (Overseas) will charge 2% of the withdrawal amount as withdrawal fee. The minimum fee will be HKD100 or USD12.5. Customers can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium once only.The interest rate of Prepayment of Premium is not guaranteed.
Please refer to the Policy documents for the complete definitions of the capitalized terms, as well as all the terms and conditions of this product. You are reminded to review all of the relevant product materials provided to you and to seek independent professional advice if necessary.
- The Policy is underwritten by China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited (“China Life (Overseas)” or "us/we/our"). China Life (Overseas) is responsible for the features, underwriting and benefit payments under the Policy. You should fully understand all of the risks involved in this product and consider whether this product is affordable and suitable to you before making your application.
- China Life (Overseas) shall make the final decisions on the underwriting and claims. We shall rely on your submitted information to assess whether to accept or decline your application, and shall refund any Premium paid without interest for declined cases.
- Exclusions and Limitations - The information stated in this product brochure is for reference only. Please refer to the General Provisions for the exact terms and conditions and limitations such as incontestability, suicide and fraud etc. or all exclusions.
- Non-Payment of Premium / Automatic Premium Loan - You should pay Premium(s) on time according to the selected Premium payment schedule. If the due Premium remains unpaid upon the expiry of the Grace Period, an Automatic Premium Loan will be taken out against the Policy to settle the unpaid Premium automatically. All Policy Loans are interest-bearing and calculated at a rate (as stated on our corporate website www.boeqit.tw) to be declared by us from time to time. Interest accrued shall become a part of the Indebtedness. When the Loan balance exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the basic plan of the Policy, the Policy will be lapsed and you will lose the related insurance coverage and suffer a financial loss. Under these circumstances, the Surrender Value of the Policy will be deducted to repay the outstanding Loan balance (including interest), and the remaining value will be refunded to you.
- Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy - This is a participating and/or providing interest on accumulation insurance plan. Premiums received from the policies will be invested to a variety of assets according to China Life (Overseas)’s investment strategy. The surplus from the invested assets will be shared with Policyholder through declared dividends and/or interest rate on accumulation in accordance with the relevant clause in the benefit provision. China Life (Overseas) will ensure a fair sharing of profits among different groups of policyholders and also between policyholders and China Life (Overseas). China Life (Overseas) will review and determine the dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation at least once a year, the current projection on dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation are not guaranteed and subject to change with the entire performance of the relevant policies and the factor including but not limited to the investment returns, operating expense, claims experience, commission, persistency, past experience and future prospect. In addition, China Life (Overseas) will consider both past and future outlooks of all factors including but not limited to:
Claims – include the costs of providing Death Benefit as well as other benefits under the product(s).
Investment return – including the interest income, dividend income, outlook of interest rates and any changes in the market value of the product’s backing asset.
Expenses – including both direct expenses (e.g. commissions, underwriting, issue and premium collection expenses) and indirect expenses (e.g. general overhead expenses) related to the product.
Persistency – including policy lapse and partial surrender experience.
?Note: The dividend or interest rate history is not an indicator of the future performance of this product. ?
- Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy - China Life (Overseas) aims to strive for minimizing volatility of the investment return and provides stable return as our investment philosophy. Assets are mainly invested in bonds and other fixed income instruments, such as government and corporate bonds and other fixed income instruments to support the guaranteed financial obligation. To enhance the performance of the investment portfolio, China Life (Overseas) invests in equity-type investments and other investment instruments such as mutual funds and direct / indirect investment in properties or commercial institutions.
The investment portfolio will be diversified across different geographic regions and /or industries. Investment strategy will be subject to change depending on the market conditions and the economic outlook. China Life (Overseas) will inform Policyholder the relevant changes in dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation and the impact to the policies when there is change in the investment strategy.
China Life (Overseas)’s current investment strategy on participating and/or providing interest on accumulation plans are as follow:
Please refer to China Life (Overseas) Company’s website www.boeqit.tw/products/dividendandinvestment for dividend history, Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy, Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy, as well as the fulfillment ratio of China Life (Overseas).
Asset Type Target Asset Mix (%) Bonds and other fixed income instruments 50% to 90% Equity-type investment and other investments 10% to 50%
- Cooling-off Right - You have the right to cancel the Policy within the Cooling-off Period and obtain a refund of any Premiums paid by giving written notice to us provided that you have not made any claims under the Policy. Such notice must be signed by you and submitted to China Life (Overseas) at 22/F, CLI Building, 313 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong within 21 days after the delivery of the Policy or issue of a Notice to you or your representative informing you that the Policy is available, whichever is earlier.?
- 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service is provided by Inter Partner Assistance Hong Kong Limited. The provision of services is subject to the terms and conditions of the Inter Partner Assistance Hong Kong Limited. China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions thereof from time to time without prior notice.
|What are the key product risks?|
|Credit risk||This product is a life insurance Policy issued by China Life (Overseas). Any Premium paid will become part of our assets and our financial strength will affect our ability to meet our contractual obligations to you under the Policy. Therefore this product is subject to our credit risk.|
|Early surrender risk||The savings component of the Plan is subject to risks and possible losses. Should you surrender the Policy early, you may receive an amount considerably less than the total amount of Premiums paid.|
|Exchange rate and Currency risks||Any Policy with foreign currencies involves risks, such as potential changes in political or economic conditions that may substantially affect the price or liquidity of a currency. The fluctuations in exchange rates may also cause financial losses to you during currency conversions. You should consider the potential currency and exchange rate risks before deciding which Policy currency you should take.|
|Inflation risk||The cost of living in the future may be higher than expected due to the effects of inflation. Therefore, your current planned benefits and/or returns maybe insufficient to meet your future needs even if we fulfill all of our contractual terms and obligations.|
|Liquidity and Withdrawal risk||You are obliged to hold the Policy and pay the Premium for the designated period of time. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Policy Maturity Date, you will suffer a financial loss. In case you make partial withdrawals from the Policy, your account value, death benefit and other Policy values will be reduced, and you may need to pay the relevant handling fee or charges (if any).|
|Non-guaranteed Benefit||This Plan consists of non-guaranteed benefits and/or returns. The actual amounts of benefits and/or returns in the future may be different from the benefits and/or returns which project on the product materials.The product materials are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Policy Termination||The Policy will be terminated if (a) the Insured passes away, (b) you do not pay the Premium within 31 days of the due date and the Policy has no Cash Value, or (c) the outstanding loan amount is equal to or exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the Policy.|
The information and descriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. For complete details please refer to the actual policy or the relevant product or services agreement.